Thursday, October 17, 2013

Week 3 EOC: Making Money for Good

I did some research on companies that donate to charities and I will admit that the results surprised me. Not because in the top 10, 3/10 of them were banks, but because they all gave so little. Well most of them gave little. Google on the other had were more willing to lend a helping hand. Google has given $144,606,000 in cash and $1,000,000,000 worth of products to charity as of 2012. Their share of 2011 pretax profits donated in 2012 was 9.3%. I have to say that I'm quite impressed with Google and the fact that even though they're a big company, unlike most other big companies they have a heart and compassion for other human beings. Now I realize that sometimes companies can change and i know that they haven't commented on their number for the 2013 year and what not, but keep in mind that Google is not a for profit company. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment